I’m Due For A Checkup in Lakewood
The best way to avoid common oral issues like tooth decay, cavities and gum disease (gingivitis) is by having a regular oral exam and teeth cleaning at Lakewood Smiles Dentistry.
If you’re due for a check-up, visit our office or give us a call today for quality preventive care in a friendly environment. Here’s some more information about when to schedule and appointment and what to expect when you visit.
How Often Do I Need a Dental Check-Up?
The ADA and most practicing dentists recommend check-ups every six months. Regular six month check-ups help us keep track of your oral health with exams, x-rays and more.
The deep cleaning that you receive during your visit will also help keep your teeth in great condition and ensure that your mouth is free from plaque, tartar and other common dental issues.
What’s Included in a Dental Check-Up?
At Lakewood Smiles Dentistry, we offer comprehensive oral exams and check-ups for our patients. Here is what you can expect during your appointment:
- X-Rays (once per year) – X-rays are taken once per year to check for infections, cavities and other oral health issues.
- Medical history updates – If you have had any new health issues, or have begun taking new medications, we will record this to keep track of how these changes might affect your oral health.
- Oral cancer screening – Regular exams are critical for the early detection of oral cancer. Dr. Girgis or Dr. William will check your mouth for any abnormalities that could be indicative of oral cancer.
- Gum disease check – The health of your gums will be checked to ensure that you are not suffering from gingivitis or periodontitis.
- Clinical exam – The clinical exam allows us to check for cavities, infected teeth, worn-down dental work like old crowns or fillings, signs of wear from teeth grinding and more.
- Oral hygiene assessment – We will examine your overall level of oral hygiene and provide you with an assessment to help guide your future oral care regimen.
- Teeth cleaning – An oral hygienist will use professional grade tools to remove surface stains and buildup from your teeth.
- Periodontal maintenance – Using scrapers and polishing tools, plaque and tartar buildup will be removed from your teeth.
With our comprehensive approach to preventive care, you can be sure that your mouth is perfectly healthy after your 6-month check-up at Lakewood Smiles!
Do You Accept My Dental Plan?
We accept all PPO plans. If you’re not sure that you’ll be covered, you can contact us and ask one of our team members for more information on the dental plans we accept.
Don’t have insurance? No problem. We offer a Quality Dental Plan which allows our patients to get the preventive care they need and save big on common restorative dentistry procedures, even without insurance.
Contact Us for a Check-Up Now!
The longer you wait before your 6-month check-up, the more likely you are to develop oral health issues like cavities or gingivitis. Schedule a check-up with Dr. Nancy William or Dr. Abraam Girgis today by calling (562) 866-0406. You can also stop by our office in-person, at 5220 N. Clark Ave., Ste. 435, Lakewood, CA 90712.
Schedule Your Appointment
Please call us at (562) 866-0406 or schedule your appointment online:Find a Lakewood Dentist at Practice Lakewood Smiles on ZocDoc
For non-emergencies, you can also fill out this contact form with any questions: