Invisalign in Lakewood, CA
Everyone wants a beautiful smile, but not everyone is willing to get metal braces. We put off having the smiles we want because we feel too old for traditional braces. Or we simply don’t want to draw unwanted attention to our imperfections. But Dr. Nancy William along with Dr. Abraam Girgis of Lakewood Smiles Dentistry offers a way to keep your confidence and get that perfect smile.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of removable and nearly invisible aligners that gradually straighten your teeth – like traditional braces, but without the metal. Since the system is removable, you can brush and floss as usual to keep up with your oral hygiene. Plus, there’s no painful metal to scratch your mouth and no wires or rubber bands to worry about. Aligners are replaced every two weeks and gradually shift the teeth to a perfectly straight position. And in most cases, the whole process usually takes about one year – less than that of traditional braces. Over 3 million people have achieved their perfect smiles with Invisalign. And in one appointment at Lakewood Smiles Dentistry, Dr. William or Dr. Girgis can tell you if you’re a good candidate for the treatment.
The Benefits Of Invisalign
Invisalign has a number of helpful benefits that make it a great choice for your orthodontic treatment. Here are just a few of the advantages of choosing Invisalign at Lakewood Smiles.
- Subtle, invisible appearance – Invisalign is completely invisible when worn. Your aligners will be made of thin, transparent plastic, and are extremely hard for anyone to notice. Your speech also won’t be affected by Invisalign. This means that you can straighten your smile without wearing bulky traditional braces, which draw a lot of attention to your teeth.
- Removable for eating, brushing & more – You can take out your aligners to eat and drink, and to brush and floss. This means it’s easier to care for your teeth, and there are no dietary restrictions. You can even remove your aligners to do things like play contact sports, or play musical instruments.
- More comfortable – Invisalign exerts gentle, even pressure on your teeth, so you won’t have to deal with as much discomfort throughout the treatment process, compared to braces. Invisalign also does not have any metal components that may poke or irritate your cheeks, lips, tongue, and other oral tissue.
- Faster treatment time – Typically, Invisalign treatment can be completed in under a year. This means that if you’re a candidate for Invisalign, you can get faster treatment than you would with braces, which usually require a minimum of 12-18 months. However, note that the length of treatment varies for each patient. It’s best to consult with Dr. William or Dr. Girgis to learn more about how long Invisalign may take for your case.
- Enhances self-confidence – After your Invisalign treatment has been completed, you won’t have to worry about issues like crooked or crowded teeth or gaps in your smile. Your teeth will look their very best, and you can feel happy, proud, and confident in your appearance.
Can Invisalign Help Improve Oral Health?
Yes. Invisalign is a great option if you’d like to improve your oral health. It can improve your bite alignment and correct minor bite problems, which helps reduce the risk of premature wear & tear on your teeth. This can also help with issues like teeth grinding, and prevent TMJ (temporomandibular disorder).
In addition, Invisalign improves your oral health because it’s easier for you to brush and floss during treatment. You don’t have to work around bulky brackets and wires. Instead, you can simply brush your teeth normally.
After treatment, it will also be easier to keep your teeth clean and healthy. With even, consistent teeth spacing, it’s easier to brush between the gaps in your teeth and floss properly, which removes food particles, bacteria, and other debris that can contribute to tooth decay and gum disease.
Ask about Invisalign today!
For all of these reasons, Invisalign is a great option for anyone who would like to improve their oral health and their appearance at the same time. For more information and to see if you’re a candidate for treatment, contact Lakewood Smiles for an appointment with Dr. Nancy William or Dr. Abraam Girgis.
Dr. William and Dr. Girgis specialize in pediatric dentistry, family dentistry, and cosmetic dentistry in the Lakewood, California area. For an Invisalign assessment, call Lakewood Smiles Dentistry at 562.866.0406 and book an appointment today.